Search Your Models Here
123.HP.COM/AMP120 - HP AMP 120 Printer Setup
The HP AMP 120 printer has a built-in Bluetooth speaker that can play your favourite songs when connected to your mobile device apart from printing crisp documents. Although the AMP 120 sounds more like an MP3 player than a printer, it comes with no compromise on its printer functionality. It’s an AIO (All-in-one Inkjet printer) that can print, fax and scan. You can also save tonnes of ink with the Instant Ink plan. What’s more, the AMP 120 also has mobile printing capabilities that can be enabled once you have downloaded the software from 123.hp.com/amp120 or 123.hp.com/setup 120.
Given below are the specifications for HP AMP 120
Print Speed (B/W): 7.8 ppm
Print Speed (colour): 5.5 ppm
Connectivity: USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, Ethernet (not available)
Mobile Printing: ePrint, AirPrint, HP Smart App, HP ePrint App, Mopria, HP Print Service plugin.
Paper Input Tray: 60 sheets.
Paper Output Tray: 25 sheets.
This webpage will tell you how to setup and troubleshoot your HP AMP 120 in simple steps. The next section tells you how to unpack your HP AMP 120 printer.
HP AMP 120 Unboxing
Before starting any setup process, your printer must be unboxed first. Follow the steps given below to remove the packaging materials from your HP AMP
- Once you’ve opened the printer box, you’ll see a setup poster and a plastic cover that has the reference guide. The cover also contains a Google Play gift card worth 10$ apart from the guide itself.
- The side pockets of the cardboard cutting contain the ink cartridges and the power cord respectively.
- Once you've removed the power cord and cartridges, you can remove the carboard packaging material on top.
- Now, tilt the printer and lay it on a hard surface.
- Pull your AMP 120 out of the cardboard box using the strap attached to both sides of the printer.
- Now, separate the Styrofoam caps from either side and set aside all packaging materials for recycling.
- You’ll see that the printer is wrapped in a transparent plastic film. To remove the printer film, simply make a small cut on the plastic without scratching the surface of the printer and tear it away gently.
In the next section you’ll learn how to install switch on the printer and install ink cartridges
HP AMP 120 Ink Cartridge Installation
To install the ink cartridges, the printer should first be switched on. To switch on the printer and install the ink cartridges follow the steps below
- Take the power cord that you kept aside and connect one end into the power slot of the printer. The power slot of the printer is located in the rear of the printer right next to the USB slot.
- Connect the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet and switch on the printer by pressing the power button on the printer.
- Next, open the front panel of the printer to reveal the ink cartridge access area. Wait for the ink cartridge slots to reach the center.
- Take one of the cartridges that you kept aside and unwrap it. Now, remove the transparent film on the copper coloured contacts by pulling the orange tab.
- Insert the tri-colour cartridge on the left slot and the black cartridge on the right slot by sliding the cartridge into the slot.
This completes the installation of ink cartridges. Read on to know how to load unused paper into the Paper Tray. You’re only one step away from downloading and installing the software drivers from 123.hp.com/amp120
HP AMP 120 Loading Unused Paper
To load unused paper into the Paper Tray, follow the steps given below:
- Raise the Paper Input Tray located at the rear of the printer. Next, slide out the Paper Input Tray.
- Align a stack of papers onto a hard surface and then insert the stack into the Paper Tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides such that the stack of papers is held into place.
Next, you’ll learn how to connect your printer wirelessly and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/amp120 or 123.hp.com/setup 120
HP AMP 120 Software Installation
This section tells you how to connect your printer wirelessly and install the software downloaded from 123.hp.com/amp120
- Touch the Wireless button on the touch panel of the printer.
- The Wireless light starts flickering and prints out a Wireless Setup guide page.
- Follow the steps on the guide to finish the Wireless Setup.
- Then, switch on the computer and connect it to a Wireless Network. This should be the same Wireless network that you are going to connect your printer to.
- Open a browser of your choice and go to hp.com/amp120
- Then, click the Download button and wait for the driver download to be completed.
- Click on the software from the browser download bar to open the HP Easy Start Utility.
- When the software opens, follow the instructions to proceed with the installation.
- HP Easy Start Utility will start installing your software.
- The software then asks how you’d like to connect your printer to the computer.
- Select the radio button next to the Wireless option and then press Next.
- Once the software has checked for network requirements, it’ll ask you to connect the USB cable to the printer.
- Insert a USB cable on the rear of the printer just beside the printer port.
- Next, allow your printer to access the computer clicking the appropriate option.
- Then, enter the password of your Wireless Network.
- The Wireless light that was blinking initially becomes solid once the printer is connected to the internet.
- Disconnect the USB cable and follow the instructions on screen to finish the installation process.
The drivers can also be installed from 123.hp.com/setup 120
HP AMP 120 ePrint service
HP's ePrint service allows you to send print jobs to your computer from anywhere around the world as long as there is an active internet connection. Follow the steps given below to setup Web Services and ePrint services.
- To setup Web Services, long press the power button for more than 3 seconds and then press the Wireless button and the printer information button at the same time.
- The printer now prints an information sheet.
- Type the IP Address of the printer into the browser bar to open the Printer Configuration page on your browser.
- Click the Web Services bar, click Setup, Continue and then accept the terms and conditions.
- When the printer is connected to the network, it prints out a printer information page.
- Follow the instructions on the page to complete the ePrint setup process.
The ePrint setup doesn’t require any additional drivers apart from the ones downloaded from 123.hp.com/amp120 or 123.hp.com/setup 120
HP AMP 120 Connecting Device to the Audio System
- On the audio control panel of the system, press the Bluetooth button. After the system emits a series of tones, the Bluetooth is switched on.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your device and click on the name that says HP AMP.
- Scan issues.
- Once the devices are connected to the system, the audio system says that the devices are connected and emits an announcement.
HP AMP 120 Replace Cartridges
- Switch on your printer.
- Open the cartridge access door and wait for the print carriage to reach the center.
- Press the ink cartridge and pull it towards you to release it.
- Unwrap the new cartridge and peel away the transparent film using the pull tab.
- Insert the ink cartridge into the slot.
- Now, close the ink cartridge access door and the front panel.