Search Your Models Here
123 HP Envy 5542 Cartridge Installation
When installing the ink cartridges on your HP Envy 5542 printer, you have to be very careful. The ink cartridges can be classified into black ink cartridge and color ink cartridge. You must install them correctly to avoid any issues and get proper printing.Note the HP envy 5542 cartridge number to use it as reference when buying new cartridges.
Installing the Ink Cartridges
Steps to follow to install Ink Cartridges
- HP Envy 5542 cartridges are very important for the printer to perform printing.If the steps given here are not followed, HP Envy 5542 cartridge error will occur. To install the ink cartridge for the first time, you have to install the Setup for proper working of the ink cartridges. Improper handling may lead to printer issues. Here we will help you to install the ink cartridges without any blunder. Follow the below instructions vigilantly.
- After installing the ink cartridge setup, carry on to the next steps. Switch on the printer. You have to shut the output tray extender and revolve the tray in a clockwise direction to stuff it in the HP Envy 5542 printer
- Open the cartridge access door in your HP Envy 5542 printer to install the ink cartridges. You will see a Door Open screen in the control panel with a message.
- You might see a Change Ink option in the bottom right corner of the touch screen which reveals the new cartridge installation. You may skip, as this is not mandatory.
- Take out one cartridge from the package by touching only the black plastic on the cartridge. Get rid of the protective to pull the orange tab.Placing the HP Envy 5542 cartridges in wrong slot may lead to envy 5542 cartridge jam
- Pop in the new cartridge into a vacant slot with a slightly upward angle and push the cartridge into the slot. Don’t forget to insert the tri-color cartridge in the left slot and black color cartridge in the right slot.
- If you want to insert the new cartridge, repeat the steps that are given above. After finishing the cartridge installation, you have to close the cartridge access door.
- Return to the home screen after closing the door of your HP Envy 5542 printer. The printer requires a short time to calibrate and align cartridges. The printer print will print an alignment page after the alignment gets complete.
- You need to follow the below steps for correct alignment, if the alignment is not accurate.
- If the alignment is not proper, make sure the white paper is loaded properly in the tray. On the HP Envy 5542 printer control panel, touch Setup.
- Touch Printer Maintenance, and then touch Align Printer. Follow the instructions on the control panel and touch OK. You will get the alignment right if you tag along the above given steps.HP envy 5542 cartridge change should be done on a regular basis.