Search Your Models Here
123 HP OfficeJet 5252 printer Mac Setup
HP OfficeJet 5252 printers can also be used in Mac operating system. You just need to download the required software and driver in your Mac computer system provided by HP and used it accordingly. There are many ways to connect the printer and the computer such as the USB, wireless, wired or Ethernet and many more connectivity methods. Here we will see about the USB Connectivity method.
The Mac setup for HP OfficeJet 5252 printer is given below. Read the following instructions carefully to setup the USB connection on your Mac operating system.
USB Printer Setup
- You have to check for the important requirements like the printer are switched on already and it is in a ready state, a USB cable of length less than 3 meters is required.
- You must connect the USB cable with USB hub or docking station.
- You will see a USB port on your computer for USB connection. If you connect through other things like USB hub or docking station, the printer will not operate properly due to the shortage of power.
- The USB cable should be disconnected from the printer. Reconnect the cable only if you are prompted during the installation setup of driver.
- Download and install the most current version of software for your printer. Download the full feature driver by following the below instructions
- Visit the site 123.hp.com and type your printer model. Click Begin and you will download the driver by either the guided driver installation app or you will be redirected to the HP software and driver download page for full feature driver installation.
- Check whether HP scan or HP Easy Scan is you choice if the full scan functionality is available in your printer when the Install screen is displayed
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen and open the downloaded file to initialize the setup wizard if HP Easy Start is downloaded in your computer.
- Select the connection type as USB, as we are setting up the printer in an USB a connection. The USB connection is successful. You can terminate the procedures.
- If Easy start fails or your printer is not in 123.hp.com, type your printer model and check for the compatibility of your operating system.
- Visit the support.hp.com to download the software and driver for your printer by entering your printer model and operating system compatibility.
- UnderDriver-Product Installation Software, click Download next to HP Easy Start or the full feature driver and open HP Easy start file of the HP .dmg file in the downloads to start the installation.
- Select the USB connection when you are prompted by the installer to choose the printer connection type.
- Check whether HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is selected if full scan functionality is enabled in your printer in the Install screen
- Click Add Printer to create a print queue when you are prompted by the installer.
- You will notice the Add window opening in the screen.
- Select the printer name, by clicking the Use or Print Using menu, and choose the name of your printer to add by clicking the Add.
- You are provided with a Generic driver option which will lead to limited printer functionality. Complete the installation and try printing or any other printing functionality.