Search Your Models Here
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 Printer Setup 123.hp.com/ojpro8100
HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printers are the best printers for use in office with advanced technologies and brand new design. You may need some assistance to setup the HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer after downloading it from 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 . HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 supports all the connectivity methods such as wireless, wired and USB. Some of the mobile printing capabilities such as ePrint and AirPrint are supported by the HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer.
We will help you by providing all the essential information regarding HP Officejet pro 8100 printer setup, ojpro 8100 driver software download, ojpro 8100 driver installation and configuration requirements.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer setup
Unbox the HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer from the packaged box. All the packing materials like tapes and stickers should be detached. The packing materials are present both within and exterior of the HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer.
Check in the interior of the printer and eliminate the discarded packing materials before start using the printer. After discarding useless stuff, follow the below instructions.
HP Officejet pro 8100 Hardware Installation
Setting up the power cord in HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer
- Hook up one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer and other end to an electrical outlet. Switch on the HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer.
- Change the control panel settings like country, religion and confirm your choice by clicking continue.
- If prompted change the date and time according to your preferences. Finish the settings by touching done.
Loading Paper into Input Paper Tray of HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer
- Pull the paper tray by pinching the paper width guide tabs and slide the paper width guides to their outermost positions.
- Check whether the print side is face-down and short edge is forward and then pop in the paper. The paper should be filled below the yellow dotted lines and not more than that.
- The paper width guide should rest on the edge of the paper. Push the tray toward the printer until it locks into place. Pull out the output tray extender, and then lift the paper catch.
Installing the Ink Cartridge in HP OfficeJet Pro 8100
- Installing the setup ink cartridge is important when you are setting up the printer for the first time.
- Otherwise an ink cartridge error occurs. Pull to open the ink cartridge access door. Remove the ink cartridge from its package.
- To insert the ink cartridge into its slot, hold the ink cartridge by its sides with the nozzles toward the printer and then push the ink cartridge forward until it snaps into place.
- Repeat the same steps whenever you change the ink cartridge. Close the ink cartridge access door and wait for the printer to make alignment in ink cartridges.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer software installation
- Download the current version of your driver from the HP website 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 . Alternatively you can also visit site support.hp.com. You need a USB cable and an active internet connection.
- Do not connect the USB Cable until you are prompted. Visit the support.hp.com and enter your printer model number.
- Or go to 123.hp.com/ojpro8100, click on the software and driver tab to go to the download page
- The download page will have two types of driver download. You can either download the full feature software driver or only the basic printer driver.
- Download the basic printer driver from the above given website and setup file as administrator.
- The installation wizard will start and follow the instruction to complete the setup. Connect the USB cable when you are prompted. Finish the setup.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer trouble shooting
You may go through many of the issues when using your HP OfficeJet 8100 printer while using it. Some of the issues that are addressed here are printer not found during network driver setup, printer offline and many more. Read the information given below and get educated about the HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer troubleshooting solutions.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer not found during setup
- If you this issue when using your HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer, restart the computer, printer and router. You need to install the HP driver and software again.
- Check whether the network is functioning properly and that the printer is ready for the network setup. Remember that you should not connect to a Guest or Host network. Hover over the network icon on the notification area to view the network name and connection status on your computer.
- You can also manually connect your HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 to the printer. Utilize the HP Print and Scan Doctor and work with it. Tag along the instructions given on the screen and click Retry.
- If the above method did not work, disable the firewall software temporarily. Click Network, Troubleshooting Firewalls and click the name of firewall software. Disable the software if it is enabled
- If none of the above methods work, finally uninstalling the HP driver and software is the only way to troubleshoot. Click Programs and Features that appears when you search for programs and features in Windows.
- Click your HP printer name in the installed programs and click Uninstall or Yes. Follow the instructions to finish the software removal and restart the computer.
- Reinstall the HP printer software. After uninstalling the HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer software, restart the printer and detach the USB cable connected to the printer.
- Download the current version of your HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer software from 123.hp.com. Run the executable file in your computer and try to install the printer software again.
- If this method also fails, you need to go for some technical assistance of professionals.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer Offline error
Getting a printer offline in your HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer may be a common issue, but the reason behind it may vary. So, if you get an offline error, don’t worry. Here you can check out for various offline error issues and the troubleshooting solutions. Follow the instructions to get rid of the offline error issue on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer.
- When you get an error, the first and foremost step to do is utilize the HP Print and Scan Doctor to check the connectivity. Check whether you printer is the default printer. To do this, click Devices and Printer in your computer system.
- If a grey icon is displayed with a green check mark, your HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer is the default printer. Otherwise you have to make it the default printer by right clicking on it. You also need to check by right-clicking on the default HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer and select See what’s printing.
- Click Printer and remove the checkmark near Pause Printing and Use Printing Offline, if exists. If the above method did not work, disable the firewall software temporarily. Click Network, Troubleshooting Firewalls and click the name of firewall software. Disable the software if it is enabled
- If none of the above works, reset the HP OfficeJet Pro 8100 printer and check the connection status. Network connectivity is important