Search Your Models Here
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 6973 Printer Setup 123.hp.com/ojpro6973
HP OfficeJet Pro 6973 is a mid-range printer device that aimed to provide service for small and home-office users. Automatic Document Feeder makes it easy to Print and Scan the Multi-Page document. HP designed this printer device with 63mm LCD touchscreen and some dedicated buttons for basic controls. It can be termed as All-in-One 123.hp.com/ojpro6973 Printer device that offers all the services like printing, scanning, faxing and copying. Meanwhile, it has 4 separate ink cartridges that helps the users to achieve better printing quality. The Input tray can take up to 225 A4 sheets and hold 60 sheets in the output tray. To summarize, 123.hp.com/setup 6973 is a mini all-in-one printer device and a better choice for small business and home users.
Unpacking HP OfficeJet Pro 6973
- First, Open the Printer Package and you can find the basic setup accessories and reference materials. Then, you can find the HP Instant Ink card that can be used for the ink service subscription.
- Set aside the packing materials, get support from 123.hp.com/setup 6973 and recycle the wrapping materials.
- After that, pull out the printer device from the package and remove the Styrofoam end caps. Gently peel off the tape materials and other packing materials.
- Now, slide out the input tray and get rid off the tape materials and other package pieces. Then, slide in the input tray.
- Remove all the packing and tape materials in and around the printer device. Likewise, open the scanner lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet.
HP OfficeJet Pro 630- 123.hp.com/setup 6973 Process
- To Begin with, remove the twist tie. Connect one end of the power cord to the device and the other end to the power source.
- While, you can avoid the power connection issue if you use the wall outlet as the power source. Now, use the power button and Turn ON your device.
- Your device might make some noise during the initialization process. Meanwhile, it asks you to set the basic preferences like Country/Region, Time and Language.
- In the end, Tap OK to confirm the settings. The 123.hp.com/ojpro6973 device asks you to load the ink cartridge. Open the ink access door and place the ink cartridges in their allotted slots.
- Then, close the ink access door. In a moment, the device asks you to load sheet. Open the input tray and load a stack of A4 sheets, use the paper width guide for the paper alignment.
- Your printer automatically prints out an aligned page. Now, lift the scanner lid and place the aligned page in the scanner bed.
- Following that, your device displays "Alignment Successful" or "Alignment Failed" message. Get support from the 123.hp.com/setup 6973 manufacturer to solve the issue.
Printer Driver Installation
Printer Driver acts as a communication tool between printer and the device. You can’t communicate or send message without the printer driver. Get regular updates from 123.hp.com/setup 6973.
Printer and Computer Connection
- You can establish the computer and 123.hp.com/ojpro6973 printer device connection with the USB cable, parallel port cable or SCSI cable.
- In general, most of the users USB cable for the connection process. If you are using wireless-enabled printer you can establish wireless network connection.
Printer Software Installation
- First, Turn ON your computer device and insert the CD into the driver. Run the setup.exe file and download the printer driver in your device.
- Use the on-screen instructions and complete the software installation process. Finally, Try to print and check with the printer’s working condition.
- At the same time, you can also download printer driver software from the HP site. You just need the printer model number.
- You can find the model number on the front or the back of the printer device. At first, visit the 123.hp.com/setup 6973 HP website and input the printer’s model number and choose the operating system version.
- Then, use the on-screen instructions and complete the printer connection process. After that, open the control panel and select the printers.
- Select the brand as HP and then choose the model number. After that, click Next and complete the printer driver installation process.
ADF Paper Loading Issue
If the ADF fails to process the paper, you need to check with the ADF paper tray and pick rollers. Follow these instructions and solve the problem.
Check the Paper Condition
- First, take out the paper from the ADF and load a set of wrinkle-free sheets. It is recommended to place just 10 sheets.
- After that, your printer device should automatically recognize that you have loaded paper. Usually, the device makes a sound or blink as a signal.
- Finally, try using the ADF again. If the process is not successful, continue the troubleshooting process.
Cleanse the ADF rollers
- Open the ADF tray. You need a clean cloth and bottled water to clean the rollers. Gently put some pressure and clean the rollers and separator pad.
- Now, close the ADF cover and try to print. If the issue persists, you need to service the printer device. For support, visit 123.hp.com/setup 6973.
Testing your Printer Device
- First, open the control panel and then choose the Devices and Printers or Printers and Fax icon. After that, Right-click on the printer device and click properties.
- Then, click the print test page button in the properties window. If the 123.hp.com/ojpro6973 Printer successfully prints a test page, it means that you have properly installed printer driver.
- If the process fails, get support from the 123.hp.com/setup 6973 manufacturer and fix the issue.
Automatic Duplex Printing-123.hp.com/setup 6973
A beneficial feature that allows you to simultaneously print on both sides. With this technology, you can save up to 50 % of paper cost.
- To begin with, Load a stack of blank paper in the input tray. Now, open the document or image that you want to print.
- Choose print from the file menu and then click printer properties. You can set the basic preferences in the properties window.
- Now, click the printing shortcut tab and use the print on both sides manually menu to set the printing preferences.
- Choose Flip on Long edge for booklet style printing and flip on short edge for tablet style printing. For more support, visit 123.hp.com/setup 6973.
- Now, click OK to confirm the settings and then click print. Your printer device automatically pulls back the paper after printing a side.
WiFi Protected Setup- Wireless Network Connection
With WPS, you can easily establish the secured wireless connection. WPS supports wireless networks that has encrypted password with security protocols. In general, the wireless network connection requires network name (SSID) and WPA- PSK key. First, you have to choose the preferred network from your 123.hp.com/ojpro6973 device. Then, it asks you to enter the security password and other details. Here, the WPS intends to simplify the whole wireless network connection. In WPS, you can set up the wireless connection in methods. Get Wireless network related information at 123.hp.com/setup 6973.
PUSH button method
- At first, press the WPS button on your router. Now, Press the WPS button on your device and choose the preferred network.
- After that, the 123.hp.com/ojpro6973 device automatically establishes the wireless connection without the network password.
- It is recommended to use the wireless printers or range extenders to make the process easy. Also, you don’t have to enter any data during this process.
- WPS devices are automated to send the wireless network information to the devices. As a Result, the device can easily establish the wireless connection without using the WPS button.
WPS PIN method
- This method uses automatically generated eight-digit PIN. In general, all the WPS enabled device have automated eight-digit PIN that can’t be manually modified.
- Also, you can find the WPS PIN information on the WPS configuration Page of the router. This method enables the device to establish the WPS connection even without WPS button.
- After entering the PIN information, the device validates the details and connect with the wireless network. Check 123.hp.com/setup 6973 for wireless related information.
Troubleshooting Instructions - USB Scanner Error
If your device fails to complete the scanning process then use the following instructions and fix the issue.
USB Cable Connection
- First, try to connect the same USB cable to another port. For Instance, if you are using USB 3.0 computer then try connecting to USB 2.0 port.
- Then, Connect the USB cable directly to the USB port instead of connecting it through the USB hub or docking station.
- If the issue is still not resolved, use a different USB cable and establish the connection. Finally, disconnect all the unused USB devices to save the sufficient power.
- Now, try to scan if the issue exists continue the troubleshooting process. For more support, visit 123.hp.com/setup 6973.
HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Download and Run HP Print and Scan Doctor in your device. Then, Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor software.
- First, click start on the welcome screen and choose your printer device from the list and click Next.
- After that, choose Fix scanning in the Finding and Fixing Problems window. The 123.hp.com/setup 6973 Print and Scan Doctor lists you the actionable results.
- Use the On-Screen instructions and fix the issue.
Reinstall the Printer Driver
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer device. Now, search and open the control panel in the device.
- After that, click programs and features and choose & Uninstall your HP Printer device. Restart your device and clear the printing list.
- Turn ON your printer device and unplug USB cable and other cable connection. If prompted, connect the USB cable.
- After that, In Get started page choose your printer type and model and click submit. Likewise, you can change the Operating system version with the Change option.
- Click Download under the Driver heading. If prompted, choose the software installer type as typical or recommended.
- If the issue is not resolved, get 123.hp.com/setup 6973 and fix the problem.