Search Your Models Here
123 HP OfficeJet 8040 Printer Setup 123.hp.com/oj8040
HP OfficeJet 8040 is an entry-level inkjet printer. It offers various features like built-in faxing, ePrint, AirPrint and Automatic Duplex mechanism. ADF reduces the time and the effort, you can easily print and scan Multi-Page document. On the Other Hand, it has 2.2 inch monochrome touch screen with home and back control buttons. The built-in automatic paper sensor automatically senses the paper. It also delivers high-quality print output and color graphics with attractive saturation. To summarize, the 123.hp.com/setup 8040 is a budget-friendly printer device that offers lot of features and also delivers high-quality print.
Unpacking HP OfficeJet 8040
- First, open the HP Officejet 8040 printer package. You can find the basic accessories and reference materials on the top of the package.
- You can recycle these materials with 123.hp.com/setup 8040 support. Now, use the plastic cover and pull out the printer device.
- Remove the Styrofoam end caps and get rid of plastic and tape materials. Lift the scanner lid and take out the Styrofoam sheet.
- Now, open the 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer top cover and take out the packing and carboard materials. Then, slide out the input tray and peel off the tape materials.
- You can easily align the paper with the paper width guide.
Printer Driver Installation- Using CD
HP OfficeJet8040 printer job stuck in queue
- To start with, insert the Printer Driver CD in the drive. Your 123.hp.com/oj8040 device automatically detects and run the setup.exe file.
- Then, choose Yes in the User Account control window and continue the driver installation process. Get regular printer driver update from 123.hp.com/setup 8040.
- In general, the printer driver installation takes 3 steps Prepare, connect and activate. The prepare step involves basic printer setup process.
- Following that, the connect step lists you the software that are going to be installed. Use the customize software selection option to pick the software that you want to install.
- Click next and choose the "I have reviewed and accept the installation agreement and settings" check box.
- In the activate process, the installer asks you to choose the connection type. Meanwhile, you can also use the connect later option.
- After that, the installer asks you to enter the 123.hp.com/oj8040 device's primary usage and the postal code.
- Enter the required information and click Finish. For more information, visit 123.hp.com/setup 8040.
WiFi Protected Setup-123.hp.com/setup 8040
With WPS you can easily connect your wireless-enabled device to the wireless network. This process doesn’t require your wireless credentials. There are 2 methods to establish the wireless network connection using the WPS.
Push Button Method
- In this method, you have to use the printer device that has WPS button. First, press and hold the WPS button for 3 seconds.
- After a while, the wireless light starts to blink. Now, press and hold the WPS button on your wireless router.
- Then, the printer device automatically connects to the wireless network. Finally, the wireless light stops blinking and remain lit.
- First, print the network configuration page of the printer device. You can find the WPS PIN number and the other configuration information in the configuration page.
- Now, Press and hold the wireless button on the printer device. The wireless light starts to blink. Visit 123.hp.com/setup 8040 for more information.
- After that, open the configuration utility or software and the enter the WPS PIN number that printed on the configuration page.
HP Officejet Wireless Network Connection
- First, tap the Wireless icon in your printer's panel and then touch the settings (gear-like) icon. After that, touch the wireless setup wizard.
- Your device automatically scans and displays the list of wireless routers within the range. Then, choose the wireless network from the list.
- If the 123.hp.com/oj8040 device isn't listed, you can use the refresh option and choose the wireless network. If prompted, enter the wireless network credentials.
- Finally, tap Done to confirm the settings. The Device validates the network credentials and connect to the wireless network. Get network related information from 123.hp.com/setup 8040.
Check for Paper Jam
- If there is a jam, your 123.hp.com/oj8040 device displays a error message. To solve the issue, slide out the input tray and take out all the paper from the input tray.
- After that, check for jammed or torn pieces inside the device. Turn Off your 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer device and unplug the power cord.
- Then, Use the both hands and gently pull out the jammed paper. Finally, try to print and if the issue is not yet resolved continue the process.
AirPrint - Printer to Mac Connection
AirPrint makes the printing process simple, you can easily print without installing printer driver or downloading any specific software. You just need to connect the Mac device to the same wireless network as your 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer.
- First, make sure that the Mac is connected to the same wireless network as your printer device. After that, select or open the document or image that you want to print.
- Then, use the Ctrl + P command or select print from the file menu to start the printing process.
- Now, choose the printer device from the drop-down menu. If your printer device isn’ t listed, use the "Add a printer" option and add your printer device.
- Click Settings icon on the HP OfficeJet8040 printer. Find the wireless icon on your printer control panel and click it.
- Finally, choose Airprint under the use drop-down menu and click Add. For more information visit 123.hp.com/setup 8040.
HP OfficeJet 8040- Ink Refill Process
If the ink level is low, check with the cartridges ink level. Substitute the low or out of ink ink cartridges with a new set of genuine HP cartridges.
- First, Turn on your printer device. Then, load a stack of wrinkle-free unused paper into the input tray.
- Open the ink access door and move the carriage to the center. Wait for a while, start the process after the carriage gets idle and silent.
- To remove the ink cartridge, lift up the lid and push it back. After that, gently pull out the ink cartridge from its slot.
- Now, you can install the genuine 123.hp.com/setup 8040 HP ink cartridges. Get one of the ink cartridges from the package and carefully remove the plastic tape.
- Hold their sides, gently push it into the slot and close the lid. Then, close the ink access door and the printer automatically prints an alignment paper.
- Finally, lift the scanner lid and place the aligned paper on the scanner bed. You can easily determine the ink cartridge's quality with the print and the scan output.
- Improper power connection might cause printing problem. So, 123.hp.com/setup 8040 HP recommends the user to use the wall outlet.
- Then, make sure that you have properly connected the power cord to the printer device and to the power source.
- If the screen is cracked or smashed, it won’t be responsive and also it would fail to respond to the user’s request.
- Then, use the 123.hp.com/setup 8040 instructions and replace the broken screen to continue the printing process.
- If the screen is motionless or has black or horizontal lines. First, Turn Off your printer device and let it rest for 20 seconds.
- Then, Unplug the power cord from the 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer and the device. After a while, connect the power cord and turn ON your 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer device.
- Finally, Try to print and if the printer screen is still not responsive then you need to replace it. Get support from 123.hp.com/setup 8040 and replace the screen.
- To start with, Make sure that you are using the latest version of firmware. Besides that, Outdated firmware might lead to some problem.
- You can get latest firmware update from the Official Website. Visit the HP official website and Choose your operating system and the version.
Steady power connection is required to complete the printing process. If the 123.hp.com/oj8040 device didn't start after pressing the power button, then you need to check with the power cord connection and the power button.
- First, make sure that you have connected the device to the working power outlet. Try connecting other electronic devices to the same outlet and check the power connection.
- If the other devices could carry out the process without a doubt there is some problem with your printer device.
- First, Check with the power button of your device. When you press the button, it should click without getting stuck.
- To put in other words, If the button fails to respond then there is some problem with your power button.
- Certainly, you need to clean or replace the button. Get instructions from the 123.hp.com/setup 8040 and carry out the replacement process.