Search Your Models Here
123.HP.COM/AMP100 - HP AMP 100 Printer Features
The HP AMP 100 adds a splash of colours and music to your printing routine by doubling as a Bluetooth speaker. For a pocket-friendly price, you get a splendid print quality, blast music through the Bluetooth bass speakers and attend phone calls by connecting your phone to the printer. The HP AMP 100 also supports Web Services like ePrint and AirPrint. To use these Web Services you can download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/amp100 or 123.hp.com/setup 100.
Given below are the specifications for the HP AMP 100 printer
Print Speed (B/W): 7.8 ppm
Connectivity: USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, Ethernet (not available)
Print Speed (colour): 5.5 ppm
Paper Input Tray: 60 sheets
Mobile Printing: ePrint, AirPrint, HP Smart App, HP ePrint App, Mopria, HP Print Service plugin
Paper Output Tray: 25 sheets.
HP AMP 100 Unboxing
- Open the cardboard box and remove the setup poster and the cover containing the setup guide.
- The side pockets on the printer contain the ink cartridges and power cord. Remove both the items.
- Then, remove the cardboard packaging from the top.
- Next, lay the printer on a hard surface.
- Next, tilt the printer and lay it on a straight surface.
- Take the printer out of the box and remove the Styrofoam caps on either sides.
- Tear off the transparent covering by making a small cut on the plastic film.
This completes the unboxing of the HP AMP 100 printer. You’re only a few steps away from downloading the software drivers from 123.hp.com/amp100 or 123.hp.com/setup 100.
HP AMP 100 Ink Cartridge Installation
To be able to install the ink cartridges, you must first switch on your HP AMP 100 printer. Follow the steps given below to switch on your printer and install the cartridges.
- The rear of the printer has a USB slot and a power slot just beside. Insert one end of the power cord into this slot and the other end into a wall outlet.
- Switch on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Now, open the ink cartridge access area by opening the front panel.
- Take the tri-colour ink cartridge and unwrap it.
- Unwrap one of the cartridges and pull away the orange coloured tab.
- Insert it into the left slot.
- Then, insert the other cartridge into the remaining slot.
You can download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/amp100 once you’ve loaded plain paper into the printer.
HP AMP 100 Loading Plain Paper
- First, raise the Paper Input Tray situated at the rear of the printer.
- Then, extend the Paper Output Tray.
- Align a stack of sheets on a hard surface and insert them into the Input Tray.
- Now, adjust the paper width guides such that they firmly hold the stack in place.
In the next section, you’ll learn to connect your printer to the internet and also install the drivers from 123.hp.com/amp100.
HP AMP 100 Software Installation
- First, touch the Wireless button on the printer.
- The light then starts flickering and prints out an information sheet.
- Follow the instructions on the sheet to connect the printer to the internet.
- Switch on your system and open a browser of your choice.
- Then, go to 123.hp.com/amp100 and click the Download button.
- Once the download is complete, open the software.
- Click the appropriate option to agree to HP’s terms and conditions.
- Next, you’ll see a list of drivers that are going to be installed.
- Since we are going to connect the printer wirelessly, choose the Wireless Option.
- Click the Next option. Now, your printer will ask you to connect the USB cable. It can be disconnected later.
- Now, enter the password and wait for the printer to connect to the internet.
- Once the system is connected to the internet, the blinking light becomes solid.
Disconnect the USB cable once the installation is complete. This completes the software installation from 123.hp.com/amp100
HP AMP 100 ePrint Service
With the ePrint service, you can send print jobs to your printer with just an active internet connection even if you are far away from it. All you have to do is download the drivers from 123.hp.com/amp100 or123.hp.com/setup 100 and setup Web Services on your printer.
Follow the steps given below to setup the ePrint service
- Long Press the power button for about three seconds.
- Next, press the Printer Information button and the cancel button at the same time.
- Wait until the printer prints out an information sheet.
- Then, type the AMP printer’s IP address into the printer’s configuration page.
- Select Web Services, then select Setup and click Continue.
- Then, accept the terms of conditions and follow the instructions to complete the Web Services Setup.
- You can also change your printer’s e-mail address by following the instructions on screen.
- To use the ePrint service, first open an e-mail application on your mobile device.
- Attach the document that you’d like to print and type your printer’s e-mail address in the To box. Make sure that you don’t add any recipients apart from the printer’s e-mail address in the Cc field.
- Then, press Send in order to send the document to the printer’s e-mail address.
- If the printer is switched on and connected to the internet, it will print the document.
This completes the HP ePrint service.
HP AMP 100 AirPrint service
- Connect your printer to the internet.
- Then, make sure that your system is connected to the same network as the printer.
- Next, open the document that you would like to print on your Apple device.
- Tap the share or print icon.
- Then, tap the Print icon.
- Then, select your printer from the list shown.
- Next, tap the Options menu to change the printer settings like no of copies, colour, etc.
- Finally, press Print to print the document.
To use the AirPrint feature, you have to download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/amp100 or 123.hp.com/setup 100.
HP AMP 100 Replace Ink cartridges
Follow the steps below to replace the ink cartridges,
- Make sure the printer is switched on and active.
- Next, open the ink cartridge access door and wait for the ink cartridge slot to reach the center.
- Press the ink cartridge in the slot and pull it to release it.
- Then, remove the new cartridge from the wrapper.
- Peel away the pull tab from the contacts and insert the cartridge into the ink cartridge slots.
- Make sure that the cartridges are locked into place.
- Close the ink cartridge access area and the front panel.
HP AMP 100 Bluetooth Setup
This section tells you how to connect your HP AMP 100 to your mobile device using the Bluetooth.
- Press the Bluetooth button on your device and on your HP AMP Printer.
- Your HP AMP 100 printer makes some noise to indicate that it is discoverable by other devices nearby.
- Select the name of your printer from the list of visible devices to connect to the internet.
- If your printer is connected to other devices, it makes some noise.
- Disconnect the first device and connect the second device by following the steps above.
- Then, connect the first device.
You can connect only two devices at a time using the Bluetooth setup.
HP AMP 100 Attending Calls
- Long press the phone button on your HP AMP 100 to attend calls.
- In order to reject an incoming call, long press the phone button while your phone is ringing.
- To end a call, press the phone button.
- Long press the phone button while attending the call to switch the call to the phone again.
You can't attend calls while your printer prints a document.