Search Your Models Here
123.HP.COM/AMP106 - HP AMP 106 Printer Features
The HP AMP 106 printer doubles as a speaker with its built-in Bluetooth capabilities. So, now apart from getting spotless prints, you can also enjoy an immaculate sound quality with booming bass. What’s more, you can also take phone calls through your HP AMP 106 while you’re printing. If you’re not satisfied with the cost-effective dual role that the HP AMP 106 all-in-one printer has to offer, the HP Instant Ink will surprise you. With this program, you can get HP to deliver ink cartridges to your doorstep automatically when you run out of ink. HP AMP 106 also has mobile printing capabilities like ePrint and AirPrint. The software drivers can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 106 or 123.hp.com/amp106
Given below are the specs for HP AMP 106
Print Speed (B/W): 7.8 ppm
Connectivity: USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, Ethernet (not available)
Print Speed (colour): 5.5 ppm
Paper Input Tray: 60 sheets
Mobile Printing: ePrint, AirPrint, HP Smart App, HP ePrint App, Mopria, HP Print Service plugin
Paper Output Tray: 25 sheets.
123 HP AMP 106 Unboxing
- First, open the printer box. Then, remove the setup poster and the cover that contains the setup guide. You can also find a Google Play gift card worth 10$ in the cover.
- Remove the cartridges and power cord from the side pockets.
- Then, take off the cardboard packaging on top.
- Next, lay the printer on a hard surface.
- Pull the printer out of the box and remove the Styrofoam caps on either sides.
- Make a tiny cut on the transparent film covering the printer and tear it away from the surface of the printer.
- You’ll see that the printer is wrapped in a transparent plastic film. To remove the printer film, simply make a small cut on the plastic without scratching the surface of the printer and tear it away gently.
In a few more steps, you can download and install the drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 106
HP AMP 106 Ink cartridge Installation
Follow the steps below to switch on the printer and install the ink cartridges.
- Insert one end of the power cord just beside the USB slot situated in the rear of the printer.
- Next, insert the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Switch on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Open the front panel of the printer and wait for the ink cartridge slot to reach the center.
- Unwrap one of the cartridges and pull away the orange coloured tab.
- If you unwrapped the black ink cartridge, insert it into the right slot.
- Insert the remaining cartridge in the other slot in the same way.
Once you’ve loaded paper you can install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 106 or 123.hp.com/amp106.
HP AMP 106 Loading Unused Paper
- Raise the Paper Input Tray situated at the back of the printer and extend the Output Tray.
- Align a stack of plain A4 sheets on a hard surface and insert the stack of sheets into the paper tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides such that the stack of papers is held into place.
Next, you have to connect your HP AMP 106 all-in-one to your system and install the software from 123.hp.com/setup 106
HP AMP 106 Software Installation
- Press the Wireless button on the printer. Wait for the light to flicker and print out an information sheet.
- Finish the Wireless setup by following the instructions on the sheet.
- On your system, open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/setup 106
- Then, click the Download button and wait for the software to be downloaded.
- Once the software is downloaded, click on it to open it.
- Agree to HP’s terms and conditions by clicking the appropriate option.
- Then, HP shows a list of software drivers that are going to be installed.
- The software then asks how you’d like to connect your computer.
- Choose the Wireless option and then click Next.
- The system will ask you to insert the USB cable. You can disconnect the USB cable later.
- Enter the password now.
- Once the printer is connected to the system, the blinking light becomes solid.
- Disconnect the printer once you’re done and follow the instructions on the screen to finish the installation process.
HP AMP 106 ePrint service
You can send print jobs to your HP AMP 106 irrespective of where you are as long as you have an active internet connection. All you need to do is setup Web Services and once that’s done, you’re all good to go.
Follow the simple steps below to setup Web Services
- Long press the power button for about three seconds.
- Then, press the printer information button and the cancel button at the same time.
- Wait for the printer to print out an information sheet.
- Type the IP address of your AMP 106 printer to open the printer configuration page on your browser.
- Next, select the Web Services, click Setup and then click Continue.
- Now, accept the terms and conditions.
- Follow the instructions to complete the ePrint setup.
The only drivers you need are the ones downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 106 or 123.hp.com/amp106 . No other additional drivers are needed to setup Web services.
HP AMP 106 AirPrint service
With the AirPrint service, you can print documents from any of your Apple device. Follow the steps below to setup the AirPrint service.
- First, connect your printer to a wireless network. You can do this by long pressing the wireless button for more than three seconds.
- Then, press the WPS button on your router to connect to the network.
- Open the document that you want to print on your iOS device
- Tap the share icon.
- Then, tap the Print icon.
- Select you printer from the printer options menu.
- Then, tap the Options menu to change the settings.
To use the AirPrint feature, you should have downloaded the software from 123.hp.com/setup 106
HP AMP 106 First time Bluetooth Setup
- Press the Bluetooth button on your HP AMP 106 printer.
- The printer emits some sounds to indicate that it is discoverable by other devices.
- Switch on the Bluetooth and select the name of your printer.
- Your HP AMP 106 emits some tones to indicate that it is discoverable by other devices.
- If you want to connect another device using a Bluetooth printer, disconnect the first device.
- Connect the second device in a similar way.
- Then, disconnect the first device.
HP AMP 106 Attending Calls
- Press the phone button on your HP AMP 106 all-in-one printer to attend phone calls.
- Long press the phone button to reject any call.
- Simply press the phone button again to end the call.
- If you want to switch the call from the Bluetooth speaker to the phone, press the phone button again.
If there is an on-going print job, you cannot attend calls.
HP AMP 106 Replace Cartridges
- First, switch on your printer.
- Then, open the cartridge access door.
- Now, wait for the ink carriage to reach the center.
- Then, press the ink cartridge and pull it towards you to release it.
- Now, remove the new cartridge from the wrapper and peel away the transparent film using the pull tab.
- Place the ink cartridge into the slot and lock it into place.
- Now, close the ink cartridge access door and the front panel.