Search Your Models Here
123 HP DeskJet 3540
HP DeskJet 3540 is a reliable easy-to-use printer; this affordable device helps us to easily achieve the inkjet printing. In addition, this 123.hp.com/dj3540 printer device has composed and well-structured design that can fit into any place. Then, it has only one button for power control and two sockets for USB and power connection. Yet, it has some drawbacks like it is noisy and the color printing didn’t achieve the expected quality. Beside that, this device is an ideal for home users or day-to-day use. To summarize, HP DeskJet 3540 is an affordable printer device that delivers high-quality text and graphic output at high speed.
HP DeskJet 3540: Unpacking Process
- First, open your HP DeskJet 3540 Printer Package. You can find the basic accessories like ink cartridges, power cord and software installation CD.
- Set aside those supplies and continue with the setup process. As well, you can reuse these wrapping materials with the 123.hp.com/setup 3540 Manufacturer support.
- Now, you have to pull out the printer bag from the printer package. You can find set of reference materials on the top of the hp.com/dj3540 device.
- These reference materials help you with the basic setup and the troubleshooting process. Then, remove the printer’s side package and take out the device from the bag.
- After that, peel off the tape materials and other packing materials. To finish, open the ink access door and take out the carboard piece and the tape material.
- You can find the printer’s model number and other details in the ink access door. These data help with the warranty process.
HP DeskJet 3540: Setup Process
- At first, establish the power connection with the power cord. Connect one end of the power cord to the hp.com/dj3540 printer device and the other end to the power source.
- It is recommended to use the wall outlet to avoid the power issue. Now, you can turn ON your hp.com/dj3540 device with the power button.
- During the initialization, the device might make some noise. After that, open the ink access door and place the ink cartridges in their allotted slots.
- Carefully handle the ink cartridges, don’t touch nozzles or electrical connection. Then, you can close the ink access door.
- Now, you can load the paper into the input tray (paper loading process). Tap it on the flat surface and align it, make sure that you are using the recommended paper type and achieve better quality output.
Printer Driver Installation Using CD
- To start with, turn ON your device and place the software installation CD into the CD drive. After a while, your hp.com/dj3540 device automatically recognizes and run the setup.exe.
- On the other hand, you can manually start the process. Browse and open the setup file on your computer device.
- Click Yes in the User Account Control Window and start the process. In general, the driver installation process takes 3 steps.
- First, the prepare step is of general device setup. Second, the connect step lists you the software that are going to be installed.
- Use “Customize software Selection” option to modify the software requirement. Following that, the installer prompts you to choose the connection type.
- Then, select the “I have reviewed and accept the Installation Agreements and Settings” check box and then click next.
- Now, the installer asks for the printer’s primary usage and the postal code. Finally, click Next and register your device with the 123.hp.com/setup 3540 HP.
Loading Media - 123.hp.com/dj3540
- To load small-size paper, lift the input tray and open the output tray then pull out the extender.
- Slide the paper width guide to the left. Load a stack of photo paper into the input tray with print side up.
- To load an envelope, lift the input tray and slide out the output tray and its extender.
- Now, move the paper width guide to the left side of the printer device. Insert one or more envelopes in the right-side of the hp.com/dj3540 printer device.
- The print side should face up. After that, move the paper width guide to the right and make sure it doesn’t bend the envelope.
These instructions help you to determine the quality issue and guidance to solve the problem.
- First, make sure that you are using genuine HP ink cartridges. HP 123.hp.com/setup 3540 recommends to use the HP cartridges to achieve the better print quality.
- Now, open the printer software and check with the hp.com/dj3540 printer’s paper type and quality. After that, check with the estimated ink levels.
- If the ink levels are low, replace them with new HP ink cartridges. After installing new ink cartridges, load a stack of unused paper in the input tray.
- Open the printer software, choose printer actions and then select Maintenance tasks. Then, click print diagnostic information to get diagnostic report.
- This diagnostic report helps you to determine the ink level of cartridges.
- First, check for the paper jam in the input tray. If there is a jam, use both the hands and gently pull out the paper from the tray.
- After that, check the output tray and pull out the jammed paper. At last, make sure that you check inside the 123.hp.com/dj3540 device.
- Now, open the cleanout door and press the side tabs. Check and take out the jammed paper.
To avoid Paper Jams
- Avoid stacking the input tray, take out the unused sheets and store it for the future use.
- Take out the printed papers in frequent intervals. Then, make sure that the paper is wrinkle-free, avoid using bent or torn sheets.
- Don’t use paper of different types and sizes. The entire stack should be of same size and type.
- Likewise, check with the paper width guide. Don’t push it too inward, it may bend the paper. (paper feed problem)
Troubleshooting Instructions- Power connection and Uneven Print
A steady power connection is important to utilize the 123.hp.com/dj3540 printer’s functions and its features. Faulty Connection or defective parts might result in an unstable state. Use these instructions to fix the power related issue.
- First, check with the power source. Try connecting your power cord to a different device and check its power flow.
- If it can process the request, there is some defect in your hp.com/dj3540 device.
- After that, check with the power button. Your power button should get clicked after being pressed.
- If it fails, you may need to replace your power button with the 123.hp.com/setup 3540 HP support.
- Finally, check with the power plug port. A wrapped or damaged power port might result in the fitting problem.
- First, check with the paper alignment. Take out the paper and tap it on the flat surface. Then, reinsert it into the input tray.
- If the ink is unevenly distributed then there is some error with the printer’s motor. Try to replace your printer’s motor with the 123.hp.com/setup 3540 Manufacturer’s support.
HP Printer is Offline
If the device fails to start or process your printing request, there is some issue related to the printer’s status. Your 123.hp.com/dj3540 printer device should be at active or connected status to give response. Use these following instructions and solve the Status issue. offline error
HP Print and Scan Doctor
- HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free tool that helps you to resolve the printing and scanning problem. But, it is compatible only with Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- You can easily download the HP Print and Scan Doctor file from the 123.hp.com/setup 3540 Official Website.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor Setup.exe from the HP. Run the Setup file on your device.
- After that, Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor Software and click start and to choose your printer device.
- On the other hand, if your hp.com/dj3540 printer device isn’t listed use the retry option to find your printer device.
- Likewise, you can also solve the connection issue with this HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Then, make sure that you have subscribed for regular updates and set your printer device as default device.
- Try to print, if the issue isn’t resolved continue the troubleshooting process.
Reconstruct the Printer’s Environment
- First, Turn OFF your hp.com/dj3540 printer device and let it idle for 10 or 15 seconds. Then, unplug the power cord and other cable connections.
- After that, Turn OFF your computer device that you are using. After a while, re-establish the power cord connection and Turn ON your printer device.
- Meanwhile, reset your wireless router if you are using wireless network connection. Unplug the power cord from the wireless router.
- Wait for a while, reconnect the power cord to the router device. Make sure that the network activity light is steady and active.
- In the meantime, restart the wireless connection of your hp.com/dj3540 printer device and reconnect it with your router.
- After this, Turn ON your computer and reconnect the power cord to the 123.hp.com/dj3540 printer device. Try to print and if the issue exists proceed the troubleshooting process.
Check with Default Printer Driver
- Your Default printer driver might have switched from your preferred printer driver to new installed printer driver.
- To check this, search for devices in the windows search. Then, choose Devices and Printers from the search result.
- Choose the printer device that is active and set it as Default Printer. Finally, try to print and if the issue is still not resolved continue the troubleshooting process.